Here you’ll discover the essence of Platinum II engineering: silken layers of the finest high frequency definition suspended on an explicit midrange, seamlessly underpinned by a deep, clean and responsive bass foundation. More than ever the sound has a physical authority, conveying the ‘live’ character of instruments, voices and atmospheres as if they had materialised three-dimensionally in the air around you.
This is fidelity in the raw, magnificent in stature, seductive for its rhythmic subtlety and utterly captivating in the sheer magnitude of its dynamic impact. Our most sophisticated system of no fewer than four 8" RDT II bass drivers, twin 4" RDT II mid-range drivers and MPD Transducer will render the entire harmonic sweep of every work with pin sharp timing and accuracy. Your music and film sound alive, immersive and uncompromised.
- 4 x 8" RDT II long throw bass drivers
- 2 x 4" RDT II mid-range drivers
- MPD (Micro Pleated Diaphragm) high frequency transducer designed specifically for Platinum II
- 4 x HiVe II ports
- Patented 'DCF' (Dynamic Coupling Filter) mechanism for more natural sound
- Bespoke speaker terminals and footings
- Underhung, edge-wound voice coils: greater driver efficiency and lifelike dynamics, less distortion
- Bolt through drivers: clearer sound and cleaner aesthetics
- Anti-Resonance Composite (ARC) mid-range housings and baffle components: reduced cabinet vibration, purer sound quality
- TLE (Tapered Line Enclosure) sealed internal enclosure for mid-range drivers: greater sound accuracy and reduced cabinet vibration
- Hand-upholstered front baffle: the very highest quality Inglestone leather supplied by Andrew Muirhead
- Individual driver grilles