The Fono MC is an exceptionally high quality MC phono stage designed to maximise the potential of any MC cartridge. Although specifically to compliment the latest Rega range of moving coils you will find full adjustability for loading is available via dip switches conveniently placed on the rear panel with two different gain settings located on the back panel making the Fono MC compatible with most low output MC cartridges.
A MUSE operational amplifier is used in the RIAA equalization amplifier. Polypropylene capacitors have been used in the signal path and in the RIAA equalization circuits. There is selectable input loading for both resistance and capacitance along with two different gain settings located on the back panel making the Fono MC compatible with most low output MC cartridges. The new Fono MC circuit resulted from the design work carried out on the Aria phono amplifier.
The aesthetic design of the Fono MC was as important as the quality of its electrical capabilities, so it benefits from the same aluminium case as the Rega Neo PSU and Fono MM amplifier, giving it a design which offers a familiar feel and moreover brings it in line with its illustrious bigger brothers.
- Output Impedance
- Recommended Minimum Output Load Resistance
- Frequency Response (50 kΩ Output Load)
13 Hz (-3 dB) to 100 kHz (-0.3 dB)
- RIAA Accuracy (50 kΩ Output Load)
Better than ±0.2 dB 100 Hz to 100 kHz
- Power Requirements
24 V AC at 150 mA maximum
LOAD SETTINGS FOR ADJUSTABLE MC STAGES
- Input Sensitivity (for 200 mV Output) - 4 off = 133 uV / 4 on = 67 uV
- Input Loading Resistance - 1 and 2 off = 400 Ω / 1 on = 100 Ω / 2 on = 150 Ω / 1 and 2 on = 70 Ω
- Input Loading Capacitance - 3 off = 1000 pF / 3 on = 4300 pF / Gain (at 1 kHz) / 4 off = 63.5 dB / 4 on = 69.5 dB
- Maximum Input Level (at 1 kHz) - 4 off = 6.7 mV / 4 on = 3.4 mV
- Factory settings for all Rega MC cartridges - Impedance 100 Ω / Capacitance 1000 pF / Gain Setting High